Tuesday 25 October 2011

Heavenly Sword search is over!

Hi gamers,

The night before I wrote a list of games I've wanted when I didn't own a Playstation 3.. One of those included 'Heavenly Sword'. I can recall reading about this game, and it having a unique feel and it was also featured on the Australia game show "Good Game".
I then downloaded the demo and loved it straight away, it felt a lot like N3 mass waves of enemies and long button combinations. This is my type of game!!


After class, a few friends of mine joined me to go looking for some games across the raod at the stores. A few places started clearing out a lot of the older games mainly used ones, also it's stock-take clearance as well. Went to GAME, JB Hi-Fi and EB Games (I'm limited to those 3 stores as the others are just shit), GAME had nothing as usual, although JB and EB have had pretty interesting titles on the shelves.
Anyway, looking every where for Heavenly Sword as looked down a few more racks and there it was! Well not quite.. I asked the guy if they had one used, he said there is but it's the last copy they had... yeah why not. Seeing that it was near perfect condition apart from the scratched cover $23 wasn't bad.

My thoughts on the game so far:

- The first chapter is very informative, introduces the main character Nariko and close friend? Kai.

- Graphics are very impressive even on 576i, I can't think of what it'd look like on 1080p!

- Controls are actually pretty good, uses the Sixaxis controller well nearly every button is used.

- I haven't learnt the HUD that well, it's too small for my liking. Could be the video settings.

- Character modelling looks fantastic, animation just as beautiful.

- Dislike there is no trophy support, apparently the producers of the game and SONY have parted ways.

I might talk more about this game in my next collection video at the end of this month. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment