Thursday 14 March 2013

[XBOX] Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut has Arrived!!

Hi gamers and collectors!

Welcome back to yet another addition to my XBOX collection, and here I have Project Zero II. Also known as Fatal Frame II in the US. This was a gift from a great friend of mine from YouTube that goes by the name of "ItsCoolFromSaturn" I've done a few podcasts with him, and he sent me this game as a thank you. I unpackaged this gift on video here. Thanks again bro, it's a true XBOX gem :)

Many members of the ASSEMbler games forums mentioned and suggested I get Project Zero II, since it was a title I was missing. Well it's here now :)


So I popped the disc in my XBOX and... It wouldn't read. It just refused to read, I thought "what is going on?" So I took the disc out, wiped it over and over. Still no change. So what I did was grab another XBOX and popped the disc in that. It fired right up. "This is odd" I thought... So I popped it back in my PG XBOX, and launched the MS DASH. Popped the disc in and fired right up. I have a feeling the UnleashX dash tells the DVD Drive to read the DVDs differently, but I'm not 100% on that as it just doesn't make sense to me.

Eventually, UnleashX read the disc and I quickly copied the contents to the Hard Disk. All data copied fine, so ∴ the disc is fine. It's odd when games do this and Project Zero II isn't the first. I had this problem with RollerCoaster Tycoon and Blood Wake.


Since I received the game from another collector the contents is rather good. The disc isn't the best condition, it does have quite a bit of scratches within the centre of the disc. Which at first I thought that's what was causing the problem, but if my other XBOX loads the disc no problem then it can't be.

Well that's enough rambling for me, more games to come during the week. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment