Friday 25 January 2013

[XBOX] Development System DVT-4 has Arrived!!

Hi gamers and collectors!

Welcome back to yet another addition to my XBOX collection, and here I have an XBOX DVT-4. This is a prototype unit used within Microsoft for various testing issues. The system is dated August 2001 4 months prior to the XBOX launch in North America. It's rather noticeable about the height difference in the prototype, I believe there is an extra board above the DVD-ROM and HDD with a few different functions, like DVD-ROM Emulator etc, I'm not 100% on that, and I don't plan to open the system at all.


Being in Australia, I had to wait for a 220v-240v system. I got my DVT-4 from the UK so this was no problem. While communicating with the person I bought it, I was told there was nothing on the Hard Disk apart from the normal default XBEs. I mainly wanted the system for collection purposes, otherwise if it had BETA content it would cost me a lung to buy.


I believe the unit was from Electronic Arts, or as we know them today EA Games. I gathered this by the name of the system 'lego-xbox' and secondly the video file left on the unit was from Bionicle, that's only a suspicion though.


Under the unit two words which lights up the room "Prototype" with nice messages saying no distribution. Enlarge the image to read them, it's quite interesting :p

Well that's enough for me, more games, and systems to come during the week. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment