Monday 29 October 2012

[PLAYSTATION2] Project Zero 3 Review Code Goes for AU$100 at Auction

Hi gamers and collectors!

It's that time again! Wait is it? No it's the first time, Playstation 2 related stuff doesn't happen here very often but this one takes the cake and well I'll allow it just this once, or twice. An eBay seller was selling a bunch of Playstation Review code discs, while going through them I spotted a title my sister loves so much, Project Zero... Or Fatal Frame depending where you're from. If you're a fan of survival horror you'll know Project Zero/Fatal Frame is rather well known for it's... Ghosts, topless ghosts to be precise.



Well anyway the auction started at 0.99GBP, while watching the item for days on end and not spotting a single bid - I was surprised, continued to watch it and there was 1d left, still no bids! So I was about to enter an amount until I refreshed once more and noticed it jump to $20, still not bad for review code right? Refreshed again, BAM! $80, the auction ended at $100 - the same price for the retail copy, I expected it to reach more really. Who ever won this sure won a gem, please at least record footage of it!!!

For those who are not too sure, for the disc it's self, it's review code - meaning it was given to the press for review a few weeks before release date. Generally review code is rather close to retail, sometimes with just added Level Selects for RPGs and so on - the seller stated in the auction it's close to retail, so I was right. How much the seller has played the retail, well that's a little hard to justify... All I hope now is that the buyer will document the found differences, but I doubt that will happen at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment