Sunday 22 July 2012

Games I never completed in my childhood on the Nintendo 64...

Hi gamers!!

Nintendo 64 from Christmas 1996 gets turned on today
"Nintendo 64 from Christmas 1996 gets turned on today"
Time really does fly, nearly 21 and I'm still with the games I played when I was a child. Yes, my very Nintendo 64 from Christmas 1996 gets turned on today (it's the one you see above). The Nintendo 64 had so many great games, and of course my parents didn't believe I had to own every game I borrowed from the local video store... The memory of my Dad saying to my Mum "he has all the games already", which in fact I only owned 6 games at the time or close to 6 lol.

So it was my 8th birthday and I continually bugged my Mum to get me "Donkey Kong 64", and just viewing the game's progress recently I got to 86% which I think was pretty good for having no guidance at all. However I ended up getting stuck on one of levels and I was never able to pass it or progress any further in the game. Donkey Kong 64 is a game I truly want to see the ending for myself.

Next game - Diddy Kong Racing: It's a game that's right up my ally which for anyone who wouldn't know it's a racing game which I excel at. Anyhow, I got to the WizPig race and couldn't pass the game after that, I know there is a space stage at the end as well...

Pokemon Stadium: How much of a bitch V2 was, can you believe people complained about the AI being too easy? So the developers made the AI close to impossible with rental pokemon, and I know rentals were pretty balls but hey I didn't have any pokemon gameboy games, my sister did :/

Vigilante 8: A game I hired over 13 times, and later on owned on the Playstation... As much as I played this game it was very difficult for me in my younger years I never once could complete quest mode. Later on I bought a cheat book from the local news stand and which had codes for this game... I just used the unlocked all code and played Arcade over and over and over again. I guess that's just how I gained skill for the game... I can play quest in a matter of a few hours now of course I'm 20 years old now :P

Pilotwings 64: Such a difficult game in it's later stages, but a great looking game for the time as well. I guess it was just a little complicated for my brain at a young age lol but really it made me scream in frustration and I still remember screaming about it.

Roadsters Trophy: A game that shortly lived my childhood collection, this game was also a gift from my parents for one of my birthdays. It was one of greater looking games I've ever seen on 64 especially for a racing game which had licensed cars (which was quite rare, other than Gran Turismo on Playstation), anyhow the cart was a bit corrupted near the middle of the game were it would just freeze. Who would of known it would of been hard to find complete later on :(

Re-Volt: This game had serious FPS issues, and best played on PC, I got this later on in my childhood and I'd say in the very last years of it... I still remember buying this from EB back in the day for $15, why this memory hangs I don't even know and hell I even remember the unlock everything code for it "B,A,Z,Z,B,L,A ^C"... With the FPS issues aside and all that there was a lot of secrets in the game it was impossible for me to finish at the time... Of course I had the code so I didn't really bother trying to finish the game even further.

That appears to be it from my memory -- I'll have to check my other games later on to see if I've missed any, but for now thanks for reading and happy gaming :)


No comments:

Post a Comment