Wednesday 11 April 2012

MOMO9 Tablet Review (Short)

Hi gamers!

Last week I received my MOMO9 tablet, I mentioned in my Easter poster I was messing around with it.
Well I thought I'd just do a quick review of the device it's self.


So firstly let's talk about how it performs; When I took it out of the box and powered it on it was running on Android 4.0.0. Which is also known as Ice-Cream Sandwhich or ICS, now while waiting for it to start up and what not it took a while I noticed it was quite unresponsive.
After it finally started up completely I opened the app draw, and holyshit was it full of chinese apps. I started to uninstall most of them and then tried to open the market. I tried installing Twitter and well, it failed. Tried it again it failed... What's going on?

To cut a long story short, the original 4.0 ROM wasn't official, although it supported what it should it was horrible. Many things were overlapping, the UI crashed a lot, it was slow, touch screen was very odd etc. This ROM was surely not meant for the MOMO9!
So I did some research and found a 4.0.3 ROM for the tablet, well kind of... This new ROM I found actually works A LOT faster, it's now performing like it should for a 1GHz tablet, before it felt like it was running at 433MHz.

So now I can test everything. It can run 3D games pretty well and it seems like they're running at 49FPS or so. I've done benchmark tests and it ranks right up there with the Samsung Galaxy S! So what you can run on the Galaxy you can run on this.
It's also able to run flash content without ANY lag what so ever! Simply amazing for the price!

You can find this awesome device for around AU$110-$150 on eBay and maybe cheaper on other sites, just shop around for it. I paid $150 for mine but it came with a few extras, Keyboard and a Car Charger.

There are quite a few things I haven't mentioned here, but only because this is a short review, will be doing a video one soonish.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    good quick review.
    I was wondering did you find a fitting pouch for it.

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was part of the bundle. You can find these keyboard cases on eBay for around AU$13

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete