Wednesday 7 March 2012

Virtua Call S Arrived!

Hi gamers!

I've gone a little Saturn mad this month, mainly because there are so many cool anime games for the SEGA Saturn you can't go without them if you're into Anime. Anyhow, as much as I love old Anime art style I've been ordering a lot of games with those style covers, and Virtua Call S just fits into that style perfectly.

I looked around eBay for this game for days, and I nearly bought a copy for $30! After checking out Yakumo's store from ASSEMbler forums I found the exact game with reg-card for $7, that's a major price difference. So I'd thought I'd try out his store and see how it is. I'm amazed at the condition for such an old game! Even the card cover was straight and not jagged edges, spine card was there, reg-card, and the manual was very neat. I recommend Yakumo's store any day for Saturn titles!! A link to his store at the end of this entry, so check it out ^_-



So for all of you wondering what Virtua Call S is all about, just like Angel Graffiti S (why so they all end with S?) it's another dating sim and only released in Japan. Whether you like it or not there are lots of dating sims for the Saturn and just for kicks I'll mention the PC-Engine too. It's a popular genre that many western gamers won't understand, but hey if you collect, you have to collect them all, so to speak.

If you don't know Japanese the game is very difficult to play, and like I said before this game has very nice art and it's what I bought it for... I have even ordered a few more dating sims as well just for this factor. Like many dating sims there are lots of FMVs to watch which the Saturn can pull off really well.

I personally enjoy the art style of these games, as much as I enjoy old anime series like VG, Sakura Wars and so on. So if you're into Anime and gaming and you *also* happen to collect retro consoles, the SEGA Saturn is surely a console you should think about getting.

Yakumo's Segagaga Domain Store

No comments:

Post a Comment