Thursday 22 December 2011

Super Mario Land 3D -- Review

Hi gamers!

Today I took a trip down to the mall, and actually I regret it was really busy which delay everything I wanted to do anyhow.. I bought Super Mario Land 3D, one of the games I've been waiting to get since it ever came out which actually wasn't too long ago.


My first impressions of the game were again very positive, Nintendo haven't change one bit with bright colours, cheerful music and fun objects to help Mario get to the end and we couldn't forget those coins! This is apparently meaning to be the original Super Mario Bros. just updated with some 3D elements, it's mixed in quite well. There are stages were you're jumping down from cloud-to-cloud with having the 3D slider all the way up, you get a good feel of height.. well depth this actually made me think "wow!".



Controls are very easy, and spot on just like every other Super Mario game out there. Like I said Nintendo haven't torn Super Mario apart and glued it together again.

One thing that will get Super Mario veterans beginning to smile will be the familiar music playing in some of the levels, I've heard a few from Super Mario Bros 3 and 2. Exactly what I love to hear in a sequel to a game, is classic stuff like that.



There is not much to say negatively with this game, as all 3D Super Mario games you sometimes get confuse exactly where you can walk without falling. At the start of one of the early stages I walked to the left and feel straight to my death, as I saw a fence on that side thinking the platform was just a little lower.. It was nothing more than a beginner's trap, but it's one way to get players on their toes. It wouldn't amaze me to think Nintendo chucked a lot of those traps in through out the game, but out of all the 3D Super Mario games we've played this isn't the first time it's happened.



Just like Mario Kart 7 this only comes with a quick start guide and no manual, the manual is electronic.. Yet Dead or Alive: Dimensions that I got a few days ago has one, It's very weird for Nintendo to cheap on manuals and yes this still bothers me.

Super Mario Land 3D gets another 10/10 Koopa shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment