Thursday 3 November 2011

Playstation 2 hoarding and the death of Platinum titles.

Hi gamers!



In the past 2 weeks I've been looking around for Playstation 2 games, I never really used to since the Playstation 2 wasn't exactly my favourite systems. The reason to this sudden craze is that many stores are now trying to clear out every Playstation 2 game that's in stock, I've managed to pick up two games one for $11 (which was Burnout 3) and one for $14 (which is Capcom vs SNK 2 I happen to buy that today). Also looking at the websites for these stores many games are around the single digit price.



As usual Platinum games are something I see a lot and just push to the side, because no body really collects them and usually they're patched versions and way more common than "black labels". I have a total of 3 Platinum titles in my collection for Playstation 2, and really I wasn't collecting at that age, Platinum titles are going to be the death of me that's all I can find usually ><.




Since Playstation 2 is becoming a clearance state might as well start hoarding them in, I'm getting pretty nice titles for $5-$20 complete and black labels. I might also grab a Playstation 2 slim for around $50 if I find one in store. If you're a collector as well, and many stores are starting to clear out the Playstation 2 it's a good time to start buying titles you've missed out on.

1 comment: