Thursday 18 October 2012

[3DS] Liberation Maiden Review

Hi gamers and collectors!

Welcome back to yet another review - we'll be looking at the recently released eShop title "Liberation Maiden". Let me tell you, the title alone caught my attention. You play a female president in Japan, who protects her country firing from a flying mech. Your goal in many missions is to destroy "spikes", the spikes destroyed the land, and are built underground when destroyed the land will be purified. This is your goal through most missions, you'd think it get's repetitive but actually the game mixes things up often enough you forget.


The game has amazing anime cut scenes that are really appealing to the eye, let alone in 3D - I'm not totally  a fan of 3D movies or games but Liberation Maiden looks so good, it's worth converting my preferences and you'll agree, trust me. Along with the beautiful animations, comes fantastic voice acting. Yes, this game's voice actors are great, most the time I think I'm relaxing watching an anime series, that's just how good they are.


Visuals are rather nice also, explosions and lot's of eye candy is what makes this game special. No frame rate issues, no laggy animations it's all smooth fast paced action! The environments however do lack a bit of detail, they are usually tiny bits of land and you'll be fighting your enemies in a sphere like battle scene - which most games have any how.


Lastly the controls - THIS is the major issue, why? Well if you're a lefty you can't play this game... Let me explain. In order to control your mech you use the circle pad, to fire you use the touch screen... uh huh, that's right the A B X Y buttons are NOT used and there are NO options to change them. This is a major let down, it states no where you're required to use the touch screen for firing, let alone you must be right handed. It's no skin off my nose for this as I'm right handed, but it's annoying to know people that are left handed will not be able to play, let alone comfortably. Even being right handed it's not the best control scheme, I know it would be way too easy just using the circle pad and the buttons sure, but at least allow us to change the option - my hand cramps up within a few hours playing this ><"

Overall, it's worth $12 if you're right handed, the voice acting is good, great animations and voice acting in the cut scenes, along with great visuals and interesting missions. Might be more enjoyable on the 3DSXL, of course I can't have a say in that, I don't own one yet. :>

No comments:

Post a Comment