Friday 4 November 2011

Playstation 2 SATA HDD Network Adapter from DX

Hi gamers!

For anyone who would like to save their Playstation 2's laser and your games, this might be a good solution. This *network* adapter (I'm using network very lightly here) is SATA supported and drives upto 2TB are compatible but you cannot FTP games over, instead you must remove the adapter and plug in the HDD into your SATA port mainly because the adapter doesn't have any network port and this is why I used the term "network" very lightly before.



Since this adapter is SATA the HDDs will be easier to find, a lot more affordable and possibly faster. The support for games is unknown and if you're not aware on how to install the HDD Loader software, it's a waste of money and time. I'd like to try this adapter out, but I could possibly find a original for $10 more. It's a good device if you just want to keep it as a spare or something like that.

I thought I'd bring that up, since network adapters are pretty rare in a few countries and Australia is one of them. As far as I'm aware hardly anyone I knew actually used the Playstation network back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment