Monday 1 October 2012

[XBOX] RPM Tuning has Arrived!!

Hi gamers and collectors!

Welcome back. Another game I ended up picking up was RPM Tuning. I'm sure many of you would of seen this game hanging around stores, while you owned your XBOX in it's prime time - or if you owned a Playstation 2 it was on there as well. So when this game arrived I noticed the case was crushed, but not to worry I've been sent out another one, the seller is beginning to know me as I buy so frequently from her... I quickly place the game into my XBOX and launched it, just to check if it works obviously. As most games do they display the companies behind it's release, Kemco popped up... I thought "huh!?", no where on the cover does it mention Kemco, let alone on the back or the DVD... The hell? Anyway, when the loading screen showed up the familiar "TOP GEAR" title showed above the "RPM Tuning" logo. In other words, this is a sequel to the Top Gear series Kemco have been releasing since the Nintendo 64 - I'm sure many of you are familiar with "Top Gear Overdrive" and "Top Gear Rally" right? Well be damned, cause this is a sequel boys and girls. So I was motivated to give this game a shot, this was clearly a swipe at the "Need for Speed: Underground" franchise, ever since Underground so many illegal street racing games started popping up frequently, for instance SRS: Street Racing Syndicate, Midnight Club and so on.


Top Gear: RPM Tuning is an alright game, unlicensed cars with familiar body shapes, if not identical. This is common for Kemco, usually they name their cars "Type-M3" - BMW M3, "Type-LD" - Lancia Delta, "Type CE" - Celica, I guess you understand the pattern there... In RPM Tuning they decided not to at all, and really they should of stuck with the "Type" naming convention but oh well...
The game overall is pretty solid, good handling, lots of customization, alright damage and career mode. Bad cut scenes, REALLY could of done without them.


Condition! Apart from what I mentioned above, the contents are rather good. DVD seems unmarked and manual is in great shape. Just waiting on the "new" case to arrive.

More games to come, see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment