Saturday 22 October 2011

I've gone MMO crazy!! Aion, Lineage ][, Counter-Strike and others.

Hi gamers!

Yes, it's that time of year again where new release games are becoming more gimmicky by the month. As saving money for the limited, special and collector's edition of games. I'd need a break from buying new games at the moment, and this is where free MMOs come into play.

Oh gawd!

Of course there are many MMOs out there to play for free, also many private servers and all that jazz. A friend of mine I study with has been pushing me to get into Guild Wars, I recently tried a 10hr trial and I did enjoy it but not having a really fast connection (3MB/s) many of the free hours I had were eaten up by download times when going into new areas. No private servers for this one, but the game is actually pretty affordable at $6 on many web stores such as eBay and Amazon.



A few months back I looked at Aion and really liked the look of it (as in I like the female characters, bet you didn't know that =P) so I downloaded that and joined the Infinite Aion servers. It's good to see that it's not heavily trained much like many WoW servers you see now-a-days. There was an update some time ago, so I have to wait for that game to download on my super fast connection. Yes that was sarcasm, I seem to suck at it. I can safely say the same thing happened with Lineage ][, I actually bought the game and it came with 1 month free of game play.. Biggest catch was you must make a purchase in order to get the 1 month free, that was balls. I did go ahead and play it on a private server, but I really like Aion more.



If you were following my old blog (before I moved to blogger) I mentioned I was playing Project Blackout non-stop, which I was after I realised how much money I spent playing that game and it was meaning to be a free-to-play, the game is heavily unbalanced between people who have money and people who don't. So there goes that game again. Many free-to-play FPSMMOs are unbalanced and it takes away the fun completely, might as well just make these games a subscription really cause that's what the bloody thing looks like! Can't believe I spent $120 on these games, sesh!!!



Actually, I've been playing Counter-Strike: Source again can you believe this whole time it's been out it was actually in BETA? I sure can't, now the game feels right and THANK GOD I can see my health now on de_dust and de_dust2!! Bit late Valve don't you think? Anyway, besides the late updates I've been having quite a bit of fun, also raging at other players is something I've missed ;) If you'd like to play Counter-Strike: Source with me add me on Steam, I've also got Counter-Strike 1.6 as well not that I play it much.



I can go on and on about Free MMOs, the MMOs I have but with all do respect they're good time wasters and I do get very competitive, I just can't play for fun any more.. What's with that?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Wonderful Post. Well Written. Keep it up dear.

    From last some Years the gamers like to play on private servers. Try the best private server Top-Servers200 :: top200.gs

    ReplyDelete