Thursday 21 June 2012

Lollipop Chainsaw Beaten: The Verdict!


I beat Lollipop Chainsaw this evening, I can say it's a fantastic game! It's a little frustrating here and there, but the satisfaction of completing the level is fairly high. There is also some emotion grabbing as well, which really grabs the player into the story...This made me want to play the whole game through.

Mainly the Arcade level was annoying as it's hard to see where you can step and where you can't, but what was really good about that stage was that it had spoofs of old arcade games, like Pac-Man and Hotel Mario to name a few.
There was some driving, target practise, baseball, basketball events thrown into the progression of the story as well.

The boss fights dragged on as I feel, for example you cut your boss in half and then they either split into 2 enemies or they continue to fight you -- I understand them being all undead and everything but most boss fights I wanted to end within the first health bar but the bosses were very creative though and had good humour.

For those who bought the "Premium Edition" of Lollipop Chainsaw will not be happy after finding out the standard edition as ALL those costumes after beating the game once, even with the "Horrid Ending", while mentioning ending, this game has two -- let your classmates die and you'll get the "Horrid Ending", save them all and get the "Happy Ending".

The story mode may seem short (4 hours long) but there are lots and lots of secrets to find and trophies to collect, I'd say this game is more of a trophy hunter than anything else, and don't get me wrong it's still a fantastic game.

Now a lot of gamers have been mentioning it's not worth 80,70 bucks and indeed it's not, if you can manage to grab it for less then 50 like I did, you'll be happy from the amount of entertainment this game has.

If you haven't played any hack-n-slash games before, I wouldn't say this is a good place to start, the controls are a little tedious which got me pissed off a few times, although it's fun I guess playing it on "Easy" will help :)

Score: 8/10 Lollipops!

No comments:

Post a Comment