Sunday 18 December 2011

XBOX BIOS is one tough cookie!

Hi gamers!

This time for some XBOX stuff, as this is one of my favourite consoles of all time mainly because it's the closest we ever got to a new Dreamcast (often referred as Dreamcast2) some designers from the Dreamcast team were hired by Microsoft to create a new system. Which is why the controller is so similar...well kinda the Duke controller (Model 1 controller) is quite different, however the button/trigger layout is very similar.
Anyway, I'm getting a little of topic I happen to do that quite a bit :<



Let's get into it shall we? Today I was messing around on the XBOX and ever since I installed UnleashX the original dash got corrupted in the process, it could not be found by UnleashX for some reason or another it was bothering me quite a bit. I like the option of dual booting the XBOX, just happen to like that part of the mod.
So I tried FTP the missing xboxdash.xbe over to the C:/ and no go. I tried reinstalling the dash through AID (yuck, but worth a try) and it didn't like that either, so the silly mistake I did was renaming the backup of my original dash xb0xdash.xbe to the original file name and Error 21!




This is not a big deal, error 21 is one of those recoverable errors that can mean a list of things.. It all relates to the deal of the dash failing to load like missing font, sounds, images anything. Being that my XBOX is Softmodded and no modifications were done to my system there is a little more work involved with repairing it. Not the first time this has happened though, my first XBOX's HDD unlocked and refused to lock with the Password from config-magic. How ever that's a different error and story all together, but that one might be dead for a while until I put a mod-chip in it. Anyhow, to repair my 21 error XBOX I'll just have to do the hot swap method all over again.



I've now done the hotswap twice and this will now be my third time performing it, so it will be easy as pie. Luckily enough, I could also revert it back to factory and reinstall Ndure (UnleashX). Everything will be back to *normal* :). I shouldn't of been messing around with the C:/ partition, but for some reason the missing original dash was bothering me..

No comments:

Post a Comment