Thursday 20 October 2011

Need For Speed: The Run demo is horrible.

Hi gamers!



Well am I on fire or what, two posts in one day.. nah just kidding. Anyway, I just download the demo for 'The Run' and when I started it up I was greeted with breaking up music signed into my Autolog account and started the demo, intro starts and keeps skipping like a scratched DVD.

I tried both cars, the handling is a bit stupid and the overall gameplay feels.. just like any other recent Need For Speed (again going for realistic handing but unrealistic with N2O yeah go figure). But I'm a big fan of Arcade racers, and hate Simulation racing. There is just very little fun in this one, not much sense of speed, the AI are crap and the N2O is useless.

Some people maybe reading this and saying "You haven't given it a chance" well I'd love to but I can't do anything else than that one race after it crashes. It has nothing to do with my Playstation 3 either, it's only 5 days old. Besides, if you played the new Hot Pursuit it's very similar just with a worse camera. I prefer Hot Pursuit way more than this game, even though it handles a little worse, and looks the same. Let me tell you, it's nothing great.

After passing all 10 cars you have to pass the finish line then end of the race...cool. The game then loads, and that's it... it crashes. Good fucking demo! No "thanks for playing, in stores XX/XX/XX" what a waste of 1.2GB, save your time and download when they fix this... that's if they do.

After many resets later, I just uninstalled the demo. Sorry EA, but I pass out on this Need For Speed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment