Tuesday 3 January 2012

Local game store chains, take note!

Hi gamers!

As usual I go to local stores to find some current generation games here and there, I don't always buy current generation games but when I do it's a sequel or some interesting title that's been talked about a lot. Most my friends are not retro fans or as into retro gaming as I am, so a bit of current generation hangs around me. Take note that this up coming rant is going to be a *rant*, because I've got a lot of built up anger that's making my blood boil about local game store chains, yes like EB Games, GAME, and Gametraders also other retailing multi-stores like JB Hi-Fi.

Let's start off with this quality guarantee a lot of them say in their ads, bags, posters, magazines and what not. What exactly do they mean by this? They sell recent products that every other store sells and it's on their shelf? Or maybe it's got to do with how good their products are that stand out from their competitors... Well I think the last one takes the cake, however I beg to differ.
Not once have I bought a new or pre-owned game that is actually in acceptable condition, and I'm talking about cosmetically. I've seen a few game cases in EB that are scratched, torn, missing the plastic over the case, ripped inserts and the list goes on. Never have I seen these put into a scratch/dent bin, they're still on the shelf at full price, tossers.

Exactly where is this quality!? Now let alone buying a pre-owned game from any of the stores I mentioned above, the staff just don't understand that a Classics/Platinum goes in their own cases, NOT into a black label case you morons. I'm sorry, but if you accept a trade in with the incorrect disc, don't lay the blame on the customer, just refund the customer and stop making a scene about it. Also I should mention that, these experiences are also from my friends and people I know online. I just don't understand how getting a complete game is a taboo thing, once you hand over your cash it turns into store credit for THEIR mistake.. Wankers!

Not ALL stores and this doesn't happen ALL the time, but the problem seems to be with the staff.. They're obviously just not trained to understand that their products they have in the store should be cared for in a mature manner. I can accept bad quality games from Multi-Merch stores like K-mart (walmart), Target and other stores, but EB, and GAME!? They don't hire juniors and yet their products look like they do! Yet, I get turned down for every interview for their stores, and so do the rest of us.

The first thing people say to me when I mention this, is that "Staff get paid minimum wage... blah blah". So does every other man and his dog but you don't see every store you go to looking horrible and getting treated like your from space. Like I said, this doesn't happen ALL the time but when it does it's just plain annoying and needs to be addressed.

It's an on going problem and most likely it's here to stay, but I just had to get it off my chest once and for all. I think it's time Indie stores get back into the gaming store scene, I miss Gamerush, E2 and other great stores when I was younger..

No comments:

Post a Comment